What is TOTP in Aadhaar: If you want to update personal account of your Aadhaar such as name, gender, DOB, address or mobile number, erroneously registered/enrolled at the time of enrollment at enrollment-center then you can select any one of two options meant for Aadhaar updates i.e. enrollment/update center update and online update. By visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center a person can receive his/her Aadhaar card (only after verifying documents to UIDAI). Aadhaar Enrollment center is also known as Aadhaar panjikarankrendra. If a cardholder is making any biometric update then charges will be taken but if there are any basic updates then it will take zero rupees.
If you choose the online update then you will require your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. In other words, the registered mobile number is necessary for making online changes, desired in the Aadhaar account. The genuineness of an individual is established by OTP or TOTP in Aadhaar registered mobile number of the individual. We are revealing over here the Aadhaar update procedure with the registered mobile number throwing light on many other crucial aspects regarding ‘Aadhaar Update’.But before revealing how to update Aadhaar account online with the registered mobile number it is important on our part to let you know the actual significance of registered mobile number as well.
Some of you might be thinking how with merely a mobile number Aadhaar account be updated as the Aadhaar is based completely on biometric details requiring physical imaging of eyes and fingers with a scanner. Such kind of inquisitiveness has no doubt a gravity which we are doing at our best to satisfy revealing why the mobile number registered with Aadhaar serves as a password but only after being verified through the OTP or TOTP.
What is TOTP in aadhar?
TOTP is a temporary one time password that flashes on the screen of the registered mobile number prior to updating the Aadhaar account. When the mouse is clicked on ‘Enter TOTP’ in a sequence after entering the desired information such as Aadhaar number and text code the TOTP automatically appears as the flash message on mobile screen and remains visible for 30 to 60 seconds at a time. It keeps changing on-screen. The TOTP is a new security feature introduced in Aadhaar account updates which many people yet are not introduced with.
Significance of Registered Mobile Number for OTP/TOTP in Aadhar
If you want to make some modifications or changes in your Aadhaar account then you will have to select any one of the two options meant for the respective purposes.
- Biometric update (at the enrollment center): Under this option, the individual is required to visit the local enrollment center with the Aadhaar card /number and all the documents substantiating information to be updated in the Aadhaar account.
- Online update (on UIDAI’s official portal): Under this option, the Aadhaar cardholder is required mobile number registered with Aadhaar for updating the Aadhaar account. The mobile number registered with Aadhaar receives OTP or displays TOTP prior to the Aadhaar update. Although you all might be introduced with the OTP the term TOTP yet might look some of you a peculiar term, prompting you to know what is the TOTP in Aadhaar.
If you want to change your name, address, date of birth, or any other detail online then you should visit the UIDAI’s official website and accomplish update-process with your Aadhaar number and mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
How to Update Aadhaar online?
Get your Aadhaar card and mobile number registered with Aadhaar in your hand and follow the instructions as follows.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI or click on here
- Select ‘Aadhaar Update Request (Online)’ or click on here
- Select the address update/correction request and click on ‘Proceed’ or click on here
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in the related box
- Enter captcha for ‘text verification’.
- Click on any of the two options i.e. ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter TOTP’. On clicking ‘Send OTP’ you will receive the OTP through SMS on your registered mobile
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘send OTP’. Within no time your mobile number will receive the OTP which on just being entered will take you to the Aadhaar update page where you can change your name, address, gender, date of birth (dob), mobile number, etc.
Q: What is TOTP in Aadhaar?
A: TOTP is a temporary one time password that flashes on the screen of the registered mobile number prior to updating the Aadhaar account.
Q: Is it possible to change the number registered on the Aadhaar card?
A: Yes, by visiting the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center or by the online process, a cardholder can change his/her registered contact number.
Q: Where a cardholder will register his/her contact number?
A: At UIDAI’s official portal.