What is TOTP in aadhar? | aadhar card correction | Aadhar card self service update portal
If you want to update personal account of your Aadhaar such as name, gender, DOB, address or mobile number,erroneously registered/enrolled at the time of enrollment at enrollment-center then you can select any one of two options meant for Aadhaar updates i.e. enrollment/update center update and online update.
If you choose the online update then you will require your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. In other words, registered mobile number is necessary for making online changes,desired in Aadhaar account. The genuineness of individual is established by OTP or TOTP in Aadhaar registered mobile number of the individual. We are revealing over here the Aadhaar update procedure with the registered mobile number throwing light on many other crucial aspects regarding ‘Aadhaar Update’.But before revealing how to update Aadhaar account online with the registered mobile number it is important on our part to let you know the actual significance of registered mobile number as well.
Some of you might be thinking how with merely a mobile number Aadhaar account be updated as the Aadhaar is based completely on biometric details requiring physical imaging of eyes and fingers with scanner. Such kind of inquisitiveness has no doubt a gravity which we are doing at our best to satisfy revealing why the mobile number registered with Aadhaar serves as a password but only after being verified through the OTP or TOTP.
What is TOTP in aadhar ?
TOTP is a temporary one time password that flashes on screen of the registered mobile number prior to updating Aadhaar account. When the mouse is clicked on ‘Enter TOTP’ in a sequence after entering the desired information such as Aadhaar number and text code the TOTP automatically appears as the flash message on mobile screen and remains visible for 30 to 60 seconds at a time. It keeps changing on screen. The TOTP is a new security feature introduced in Aadhaar account updates which many people yet are not introduced with.
Significance of Registered Mobile Number for OTP/TOTP in Aadhar
If you want to make some modifications or changes in your Aadhaar account then you will have to select anyone of the two options meant for respective purpose.
- Biometric update (at the enrollment center): Under this option the individual is required to visit local enrollment center with the Aadhaar card /number and all the documents substantiating information to be updated in Aadhaar account.
- Online update (on UIDAI’s official portal): Under this option the Aadhaar card holder is required mobile number registered with Aadhaar for updating the Aadhaar account. The mobile number registered with Aadhaar receives OTP or displays TOTP prior to Aadhaar update. Although you all might be introduced with the OTP the term TOTP yet might look some of you a peculiar term, prompting you to know what is the TOTP in Aadhaar.
If you want to change your name, address, date of birth or any other detail online then you should visitthe UIDAI’s official websiteand accomplish update-process with your Aadhaar number and mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
How to Update Aadhaar online?
Get your Aadhaar card and mobile number registered with Aadhaar in your hand and follow the instructions as follows.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI or click on here
- Select ‘Aadhaar Update request (Online)’ or click on here
- Select the address update/correction request and click on ‘Proceed’ or click on here
- Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number in related box
- Enter captcha for ‘text verification’.
- Click on any of the two options i.e. ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter TOTP’. On clicking ‘Send OTP’ you will receive the OTP through SMS on your registered mobile
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘send OTP’. Within no time your mobile number will receive the OTP which on just being entered will take you to the Aadhaar update page where you can change your name, address, gender, date of birth (dob), mobile number, etc.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding what is TOTP in Aadhaar
You may also interested to read: aadhar card self service update portal