Update Registered Mobile Number in Aadhaar : Aadhaar card was made mandatory by the Indian government to perform various works and transactions. Every Indian citizen should have Aadhaar card,which acts as a proof of identity. UIDAI is the one that regulates the Aadhaar cards distribution process. Past in time government has asked all the Aadhaar holders to link their mobile numbers to their Aadhaar card and most of us did it. To make the mobile number checking and updating easy, UIDAI has introduced a simple online tool. This tool will help a great deal in verification of registered mobile number. This facility can be used through the official website of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in. Once the website opens the person has to click on ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ link.
Update Registered Mobile Number with Aadhaar
UIDAI has ordered all the Aadhaar holders to keep their registered mobile number updated. Aadhaar number is mandatory to take part in government schemes and services. It is essential to keep the Aadhaar details updated with UIDAI. Users can verify their registered mobile that was linked with the Aadhaar through an online tool offered by UIDAI. If the user is not aware of the mobile number that was registered with UIDAI then he/she can check it with this online tool. To check which number you have registered with Aadhaar visit uidai.gov.in. You can find the tool using ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ link. If you haven’t registered your mobile number with your Aadhaar yet then visit the nearest Aadhaar centre. To make it easy for the users of Aadhaar we have come wtth a simple process on how to check or update registered mobile number.
Check the process to verify the mobile number registered with your Aadhaar card.
- First visit the official website of UIDAI – uidai.gov.in. Now click on the ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’ link in the homepage of the website.
- The link will take you to a new page where you will be prompted to enter Aadhaar number, mobile number and security code in the specified fields.
- After entering the details click on the ‘Get One Time Password’ link to proceed. The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of the user. Enter the OTP in the given field.
- On entering the OTP you will receive your Aadhaar mobile verification code via an SMS. After entering the OTP click on the ‘Verify OTP’ button.
- On successful verification you will see a message in a new page saying “Congratulation! The Mobile Number matches with our records!”
If you are new to this mobile registration and linking then below we have explained about it briefly.
How to register new mobile number with Aadhaar?
It is not possible to register a new mobile number with Aadhaar through online. The user need to visit the Aadhaar centre to get the work done. The mobile number update requires bio metric authentication and it cannot be done by post or online. The only way to get the mobile number updated or registered is by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Kendra.