How to get Aadhar Card Updated
Aadhaar card is issued by the UIDAI. It is a 12-digits unique identification number. To update Aadhaar without mobile number we need the details like name, address, date of birth, gender, email id. Without contact number, we update Aadhaar offline. Aadhar never collects profiling details (like caste, language, and religion). Also, it is mandatory for every Indian resident who has identification documents. However, Aadhaar is directly linked to a host of government subsidies and benefits and it is also a mandatory document for all citizens of India
In other words, the Aadhar Card provided by the UIDAI has become one of the most important documents of proof for being a citizen of India. There might be instances when you want to update the information on your Aadhar card, for that very purpose you would need a mobile number because the authentication process will take place through your mobile number.
Some of us may not know the need for the Aadhar card while taking it and many errors may creep into our card. People often search for aadhar card correction online without mobile number as well as with phone number. In this articles, you’ll discover the various procedure to update your aadhar card. All the Banks have made it mandatory to link the individual’s bank accounts with their Aadhar card.
Updating the Aadhar is mandatory because this card works a cardholder’s identity and, in any case, if the government found cardholder’s details mismatched or wrong then the cardholder will be punished. So, it is mandatory that cardholder always update his or her data and details accurate.
There are two ways to do so which are mentioned below:
Aadhar Card Update Offline :
The changes in biometric or other demographic data such as name, date of birth, gender, relation, mobile, and email, the resident can be done by visiting the UIDAI enrollment center. You can locate the nearest enrollment center by selecting the ‘Locate Enrolment Center’ tab on uidai.gov.in. The agent working there in Aadhar Enrolment Center will change the mobile number from the Aadhaar cardholder Database.
This needs to be done offline as you haven’t registered the mobile number with Aadhar to receive the OTP. Follow the steps given below:
- Visit your nearest Aadhar center and get the Aadhar card correction form.
- Fill the form and give it back to them along with a copy of your Aadhar card and any identity proof like PAN, identity card, etc.
- Follow the procedures for the verification of the biometric details like thumb impression, etc.
- They will provide an acknowledgment slip and mobile number will be added within 2–5 days.
Aadhar card correction online with mobile number:
All you have to do is to follow the simple steps in order to make the aadhar card correction online with a mobile number.
- Click on the official site of SSUP UIDAI: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update
- Enter your 12 digit Aadhar number.
- Enter the Verification Text mentioned on the page.
- Now you will receive OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Fill it and click the submit button.
- Now you will on Data Update Request.
- Choose the appropriate option which you want to change.
- Click on Submit.
- Now correct the details accordingly either your Name, Gender, DOB, Address, Mobile Number or Email Id.
- Click on Submit Update Request.
- Now upload your supportive documents.
- Depending on the information to be updated, upload originally scanned (with color scanner) copies of supporting documents as per the Valid Documents List.
- Name Correction/Update: Requires PoI listed in “Supported Proof of Identity(PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for Name Corrections/Update”
- Date of Birth Correction: Requires DoB listed in “Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DoB) Documents”
- Address Corrections/Change: Requires PoA listed in “Supported Proof of Address (PoA) Documents Containing Name and Address”
- Email ID, Mobile, and Gender Change: No documents required to be submitted for Mobile and Gender correction.
- This is the last step where you have to choose the BPO service you can choose any of the bpo service mentioned on the site. You can see this option only after uploading the documents accordingly. You can note down your Update Request Number (URN) for future reference.
Aadhar Card Correction Offline without mobile number :
But, there might be several aadhar cardholders who have not updated or registered their mobile number and because of that they are unable to make a correction in aadhaar card and want to know how to correct aadhar card online without mobile number? If you are one of those who is looking for a way to get your aadhar card correction Offline without mobile number then do follow this very post. You may need to update these details in your Aadhar Card online without your mobile number:
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email Id
Aadhar card correction online without a mobile number :
There is no such option to update Aadhar Card online without mobile number, thus to make updates in your Aadhar Card you need to register mobile number. So, first, register your mobile number on Aadhar Card and then make updates to your Aadhar Card. To register your mobile number and update your Aadhar Card the steps have been written above.
How to update Aadhar card by visiting an Enrolment center
When it comes to updating the Aadhar card, one can also do successfully by visiting the Aadhar enrolment center at any time. All you need to do is follow the essential steps without skipping it. Yes, make sure to follow the steps discussed below.
- First of all, it is necessary for you to fill the Aadhar correction form.
- All you need to do is checking the information which is entered valid or not.
- Once the above process is over, make sure to get self-attested copies related to proofs that are validating the update request.
- Now, you need to submit the form along with the respective documents in general.
- Well, the applicant will be charging Rs.25 when you visit the enrolment center in terms of updating or handling the correction.
These are the steps that you need to follow when it comes to updating the Aadhar card by just visiting the Enrolment center.
Question1: Is it mandatory to link Aadhaar card holder’s contact number to it?
Answer: It is not mandatory to link Aadhaar card holder’s contact number to it. Linking cardholder’scontact number will be helpful.
Question2: List the documents needed to update the Aadhaar card?
Answer: Documents needed for Aadhaar Card are Proof of Identity, Proof of Address, and Proof of Date of Birth.
Question3: Is it possible to update Aadhaar by the offline process?
Answer: Yes, by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment Center, it is possible to update the Aadhaar card.