What is URN in aadhar card? Is this number important? Yes, it the most important number apart from aadhar card number. The urn in aadhar card is known as “Unique Request Number” which is an updated request number. It is 14 digits unique number allocated to users who had done an update in their Aadhar card. When you raise an update or a correction request on the Aadhar portal then after successful submission of the request, a unique number is attached to the request for its identification. If you have made any mistake in your Aadhar card and you want to make changes in it then this is the way by which you can update your Aadhar card on the UIDAI portal. It takes about 7 or more days to complete any correction or update request. You can also check the urn status of your aadhar card whether it is updated or not.
How to check urn status?
Follow the step by step process to know how to check urn status by online method-
- First of all visit the official link –https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/check-status
- As you visit the website, the webpage will be open, enter the details asked-
- Aadhar card number.
- Urn number.
- Text verification code.
- Click on get status, after that you will get details of Aadhar card.
3. You can also check urn status at the Enrolment office center near you,
Follow the following steps to find the nearest enrolment office-
- search aadhar service center by link-https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/centersearch.aspx
- once you visit this webpage, you will find the three ways to search the nearest center-
- pin code.
- search box.
3. for quick search, go for option pin code. then enter your location information.
- State name.
- District name.
- village or town or city name.
4. Then click on the “check” and you will get to know the nearest aadhar center.
5. contact your nearest service center and know about the status of your Aadhar card.
You can update or correct your details on Aadhar card by the online method :
Note: Your mobile number must be linked to Aadhar card.
- visit aadhar self-service update portal.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Enter your Aadhar card number.
- you will receive an OTP for the verification process.
- once the OTP is verified, you will access an online update/correction application form.
- choose what corrections or updates you want to make in your Aadhar card like Name correction, Address, date of birth, etc.
- Make sure to update the necessary documents as per your update/ correction of Aadhar.
Another way to make an update to Aadhar card is by post :
- First of all download the update/ correction form.
- Fill the application form.
- put it in the envelope and on the top of it write as “Aadhar card correction“.
- Attach the necessary documents to it.
Important Reasons for Rejection
In some of the cases, when it comes to requesting the aadhar, then due to a few reasons, it will be rejected by UIDAI. If you are the one who is looking forward to knowing the exact reasons which will lead to rejection, then you can have a look at the below reasons. Hope it will be helpful to get awareness before going to apply for Aadhar card. ‘
- If any required documents missed to provide
- In case, you provided invalid details
- Some errors in the application form update
- The provided documents are not self-attested
So, these are the main reasons where you need to know before going to apply for it. Before getting into the process of applying, then make sure to follow the proper reasons and proceed further. Hope it will be helpful to avoid the rejections of Aadhar request in the future for sure.