Have you updated your Aadhar card? if yes, and you want to check your Aadhar card update status then you are at right place. your search is over here now. Here we will discuss the different ways to know Aadhar card update status. The UIDAI has provided online tools on its self-service update portal-uidai.gov.in, enables Aadhar holder to make changes to their basic Aadhar detail. The UIDAI accepts requests for changes to such details- Name, Address, Gender, Date of birth, mobile number and email etc. If you have a mobile number and e-mail ID registered with Aadhar card then you can easily check the Aadhar card update status. If you do not have a registered mobile number then you can go for the offline Aadhar card update via Enrollment center.
How to check Aadhar card update status.
To check Aadhar card update status you need-
- Aadhar card number.
- URN code received from your registered mobile number.
If you have already done a request for Aadhar card update through SSUP, then you will get OTP on your mobile. The requested Aadhar card detail update does not occur in real time after you fill the online application. It depends on the review of your application by the registration official. You have to submit supporting documents online. Then you need to keep a check on Aahar card update status.
Follow the following steps to check the Aadhar card update status-
- visit the link-“https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/check-status” to check the update status.
- Enter Aadhar card number and URN number to verify your identity.
- After filling your Aadhar card number and URN number, Click on get status.
- you will get your Aadhar card update status immediately.
In case of a request in a process, the next page displays the message-“please check again after few days.”
What changes can be made in Aadhar card Online-
The online portal through SSUP enables you to change the following details-
- Mobile Number.
For making any other changes you need to visit Aadhar website. Download the form and submit it with adequate information to your nearest Enrollment center.
Documents Required for Aadhar card update-
Following documents are required before making any changes in your Aadhar card-
- Aadhar card Number.
- The Mobile Number linked to your Aadhar card Number.
- Required Aadhar card detail change documents of proof for verification.
- To change Name in Aadhar card, a proof of identity document is required.
- To change the address in Aadhar card, a proof of address document is required.
- To change Date of birth in Aadhar card, a proof of date of the birth document is required.
Write your Aadhar number on all your documents copies. your Name must be clearly written below the signature/thumbprint when self-attesting the documents. it should be noted that you only need to send a document for which you intend to make Aadhar card changes.
Proof of identity that contains Name, Photo, and address-
- Pan card.
- Voter ID.
- Driving License.
- Photo credit card.
- Photobank ATM card.
- Ration card.
- Kissan photo passbook.
- insurance policy. etc