An aadhaar card authorizes identification for every Indian. An aadhaar card is managed (in India) by the UIDAI. As soon as requirements or conditions are fulfilled by a person, the UIDAI will issue an Aadhaar card to that person. This card holds a 12-digits number (XXXX XXXX XXXX). In these 12-digits, the cardholder’s Biometric plus Demographic details are uploaded. The procedure of Aadhaar Enrollment is totally free. Updating the Aadhar is required (according to the Indian government). In any case, if the government found the cardholder’s details mismatched or wrong then the cardholder will be punished. So, it is mandatory that cardholders always update his or her data and details accurate
Ration cards are used to bring home like wheat, rice, etc. but ration cards are also used for ID and address proof. A ration card is a document (Identity proof) issued by the Indian Government that indicates a person’s economic status.
To link the Ration card to the Aadhar card, a cardholder does not require to spend a lot of time in queue. This process is easily be completed by a cardholder on Aadhaar’s official website. This online service takes only a few minutes. In addition, you can make these two cards (the Aadhaar card and the Ration card) now online which is totally free. If you want to amend the ration card, amend the Aadhaar card, etc. you can also do this online, although you will need some important documents for this. Documents like Proof of birth, Proof of address, etc.
As we all know, the government has made it mandatory to link ration cards to Aadhaar. If you have not yet linked your ration card to the Aadhaar card, then you can make your work easier by following these steps.
- Go to the official seeding website of Aadhaar and click on Start Now.
- Fill in the required information like your name and address.
- Choose Benefit Type from the menu option and click on the ration card.
- Fill in your Ration Card Number, Aadhaar Number, Email Address, and Mobile Number.
- You will get OTP on the registered mobile number, enter OTP.
- After the verification is successful, you will get a notification in which you will be told that your ration card has been linked to the Aadhaar card.
Why do we need to link Aadhaar card to ration card
The government would be able to prevent individuals from obtaining numerous ration cards by connecting their Aadhar card to their ration card. Individuals who are ineligible for rationing because their income exceeds the rationing level will be able to be stopped by the government. Only worthy folks will obtain subsidized fuel/food grains as a result of this.
All households are given ration cards that allow them to get subsidized food and gasoline. The ration card, in addition to documentation such as a passport and a PAN card, acts as confirmation of identification and residency. However, there have been cases when individuals receive more than their fair share of ration or where persons who are not entitled to ration receive it, therefore depriving worthy people of it.
The Advantages of Linking Your Ration Card to Your Aadhaar
The advantages of integrating ration cards with Aadhaar are as follows.
- Individuals must link their ration card to their Aadhaar number to guarantee that their families do not receive multiple ration cards and that no duplicate false cards are issued.
- It is simple to prevent any fraudulent actions and to minimize the number of phony cards that get food subsidies through the PDS thanks to the biometric-enabled distribution system (Public Distribution System)
- Furthermore, the transparent medium makes it simple to identify and eliminate corrupt intermediaries, hence boosting the overall distribution system’s efficiency.
- Furthermore, integrating the Ration Card with Aadhaar will prevent PDS ration leakage.
Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
By adopting these easy steps, you can link the Aadhar card to the ration card or in the list of ration cards. In the list of Aadhaar cards, you can also say that by linking your Aadhar card with your ration card. Now you must know how you can link Aadhaar card to your Ration Card online.
Excluding the online process, a cardholder can link his or her Ration card to his or her Aadhaar by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrollment center (by an offline process). An agent working there will help a cardholder to link his or her Ration card by completing some official formalities.
Q1: Is it necessary to link the Aadhaar card to the Ration card?
Ans: Yes, according to UIDAI it is compulsory.
Q2: By which process a cardholder can link his/her Aadhar card to a Ration card?
Ans: By both, online and offline, process a cardholder can link his/her Aadhar card to the Ration card.
Q3: What if a cardholder does not link his/her Ration card to the Aadhaar card?
Ans: According to UIDAI, not updating the Aadhar card is punishable.
Leave a Reply