Linking the Aadhaar card with almost all the beneficial schemes including Ration Card has become mandatory today. Without linking the Ration card with Aadhaar no family can get food grains from its authorized distributor. Dwelling on linking the Ration Card with the Aadhaar card being made mandatory almost all the registered families have linked up their Ration card account with the Aadhaar number. If you too have done so and want to check ration card status by Aadhaar card number of yours then take the following steps.
What is Ration Card?
Ration card is issued by state government in India to ensure food security to poor section of the society. Government avails food to eligible families at a subsidised rate. Ration card can also be used as ID proof.
Ration card was launched in 1945 during Second World War by British Government. Current form of ration card was launched in 1947. Ration card played a key role in preventing mass starvation in India.
How to Link ration card with Aadhaar Card?
The ration cards generally are linked up by the government official themselves with the Aadhaar card it can be accomplished by the beneficiary also through the following procedure.
- Visit the official seeding portal of UIDIA (Aadhaar) to click on ‘Start-Now”.
- Enter the details such as residential address mentioning the name of city/district/town and state.
- Click on the option ‘ration card’.
The ration card is linked up with your Aadhaar Card number.
Link Aadhar to Ration Card – Offline
You can link ration card offline as well but you cannot do it at aadhaar enrolment centre. For this you need to visit Public Distribution System shop from where you tak ration. Here is the full process of linking Aadhaar to Ration card.
- Visit the nearest Public Distribution Centre (PDS).
- Carry aadhaar card of all members of your family, a family photo, a passport size photo of head of the family.
- If your aadhaar card is not linked with any bank account then you’ll have to carry photocopy of your bank passbook.
- Take a copy of ration card as well.
- Now, PDS officer will ask you for biometric data of all of your family members.
- After submitting documents and biometric data an notification message will be sent on head of the family mobile number.
Aadhaar Card Download by Name and Date of Birth
How to Check Ration Card Status by Aadhaar Card Number?
If the ration supplier refuses to provide your ration on a pretense that your ration card has not been linked with your Aadhaar card then you should check your ration card status by your Aadhaar card number. A family is issued a new ration card after its ration card account is linked up with the Aadhaar card. The procedure being revealed has got to help you check the ration card status by Aadhaar card number, authentic documentation of identity.
Whether you reside in the capital of India, i.e. Delhi, or any other part of the country you can check the actual status of your ration card by your Aadhaar Number. If you have not enrolled for Aadhaar then the Aadhaar card number of any other member of your family will suffice in checking the status of the ration card with the respective Aadhaar card number.
- Click on click here
- On reaching the official website of ‘department of food,
supplies and consumer affairs, enter the following details –
- Your personal Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar number of any other family member registered as a beneficiary
- Enter application ID of NFS
- Enter newly issued ration card number (if issued)
- Enter your previous/old ration card number
- Click on “Search”
You can check the ration card status in this way by using the Aadhaar card number.
How to Check Ration Card Status without Aadhaar Card?
Despite Aadhaar card being declared mandatory to be linked up with all the beneficial schemes and services of government/private organizations, many people have yet not linked up their ration card with their Aadhaar card and on being refused benefits they suspect their ration card account being canceled which may actually not be the case. If you also are passing through the same situation, you must enter the following details on a webpage of “department of food, supplies and consumer affairs” to view actual details of your ration card without bothering to inquire its linking status with your Aadhaar card which you might not have enrolled for.
- Click on click here
- Enter the name of the family head or main beneficiary
- Name of the father or husband
- Enter the house number
- Enter the mobile number, mentioned over the ration card form
- Click on ‘Search”
How to Check Bihar Ration Card List 2022
Ration card is issued by Bihar government to provide food to families below poverty line (BPL) at subsidised rate. Here’s how you can check the ration card list in Bihar online.
- Visit http://epds.bihar.gov.in/. This is Food and consumer protection department website of Bihar.
- On the left, you will se many options. Click on RCMS Report
- From Drop Down menu, choose your district. And click on show button.
- From there, select whether you fall under rural or urban area. Let’s say you fall in rural area. Then select rural option. Otherwise click on urban.
- Now, select your Block.
- You’ll see list of all panchayats that fall under your block. Select your Panchayat.
- Now select your village. And you’ll be able to see the list of Ration Card holders in your village.
Q:1. Can we change the ration card address online?
Ans. Yes, now it is possible to change the address on the ration card online. If you do not have a ration card, you can even apply for it online. But if you already have it, then you are free to do any of these following modifications in it, namely-
* Change the address.
* Addition or deletion of the members.
* Any change in the family details.
* Photo uploading or changing.
* Uploading biometric.
Q2. How do I link my mobile number with a ration card?
Ans. For linking mobile number with the ration card, follow these steps-
* From the options available, choose the benefit type as “Ration Card”.
* Then enter the number of your ration card.
* Along with that, you also have to enter your Aadhar card number, mobile number, and email address.
* Thus, this is how you can link your mobile number with your ration card.
rajreer singh says
Sur mera address change karwana please help me
I wanted to know more about how to apply for ration card