HOW TO RETRIEVE LOST AADHAAR EID OR UID?
In India AADHAAR card is a unique 12-digit number document that is necessary for every Indian citizen to possess despite of its state or caste. It is a document being issued by the government that proves and justifies the identification of an individual.
CONTENT OF AN AADHAAR CARD
- Name of the card holder
- Address of the card holder
- QR code that has a biometric signature.
- And other minor details of the card holder
- Unique 12 digit ID number
All of these items are present in an AADHAAR card of every individual that has been issued by UIDAI. And with the time government has started making aadhaar convenient for the individuals. Like as every system has gone online and digital therefore UIDAI has launched the features of M-aadhaar and e-aadhaar that works efficiently for online purposes and are way easier to carry as it is in downloaded in the device.
But what if the card holder has lost the aadhaar EID (enrollment ID) or UID (Unique ID)? The answer is with the issuer only, as the authority that issues AADHAAR card can also help in retrieve lost AADHAAR EID or UID. In either of the cases the individual is having either of the number.
Individual will be having either of the two ID number whether Enrollment ID number (28 digits) or Unique ID number (12 digits). By visiting UIDAI’s official website Individuals can retrieve their lost aadhaar card.
How to retrieve lost aadhaar UID or EID?
Due to any reason or circumstance a person can lose his /her Aadhaar card , but the issue authority i.e. UIDAI has provided a facility to reteive it both online and offline.
Through online method
- Starting from visiting the official website of UIDAI ( unique identification authority of India). https://uidai.gov.in/
- At the home page there is an icon available in blue bar at the top naming MY AADHAAR.
- Click on MY AADHAAR option that will view various other options.
- Click on retrieve lost or forgotten UID or EID among the viewed options, can also visit that page through this shortcut link https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ .
- There an individual have to fill the required information according to what his/her aadhaar card have been registered with.
- The necessary information required is name, mobile number (registered with UIDAI ) or e-mail address.
- Whatever you choose to fill whether mobile number or e-mail ID after entering captcha.
- The OTP will be sent on the chosen information.
- The OTP is valid for 10 minutes straight after being generated.
- Fill the required OTP and proceed further.
- In the next step you will receive your lost Aadhaar number or EID through e-mail or message on the registered mobile number.
In the very first stem when the website asks to fill the personal information there you have to choose either you want to retrieve UID number or EID number.
If an individual is having either of the numbers with him/her , they can directly download their E-AADHAAR through following some easy steps . Starting from visiting the official website and going to my aadhaar option, under which there will be an option that provides the facility to download e-aadhaar. After that a required information has to filled in order to download e-aadhaar which again password protected.
Since the PDF having e-aadhaar is password protected only the card holder has the access to it, because the password is sent via the same e-mail through which the PDF is being sent .
Through offline method
- Dial the toll free number being provided by the UIDAI 1947.
- Inform their customer service department regarding the lost UID or EID.
- They will facilitate you with the proper assistance and ask you the registered information of your Aadhaar card.
- Provide them with correct information and you will receive the UID or EID according to the requirement you have.