UPDATE AND VERIFY E-MAIL ID IN AADHAAR CARD
It is a very tough and lengthy process if there is a need to update any government document in INDIA. A document update takes a lot of time of the individual and even then they remain unsure about the update, as verification of the same is a hectic work to do. In Aadhaar card which is a unique government issued document to every individual, updating process is quite easy to do.
There are few details that can be altered in the Aadhaar card via online method through the official website which provides this facility. But there are some alterations that can only be done through offline method.
Various update facility provided by the UIDAI’s official website
The unique identification authority of India has provided this facility of any alteration in the aadhaar document. In the official website they have options available regarding the following information:
- Demographic information
- Biometric information
Online mode : The online mode is in which the aadhaar card details can be updated through the official website also. This facility is being provided by the UIDAI in order to help those who are unable to visit the local aadhaar office due to different reasons.
And one of the biggest reasons to provide this facility online is to reduce paper work and speedup the working. As the delays in these sorts of documents slows down a lot of procedures. Details which can be updated through online method are
- Residential address
- Mobile number
- Date of birth.
- E-mail ID
As well as with the above demographic details biometric details can also be updated via online method such as photograph.
While using this service the important note that has to be kept in mind is that the applicant must be having the registered mobile number. Before applying for any updates in the aadhaar card the applicant must possess the registered mobile number with him/her because any verification code will come via mobile number.
Under self-service update portal (SSUP) the user can update above mentioned details very easily.
Steps to update E-mail id in aadhaar card.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI .
- Go to the Self Service Update Portal.
- Choose the detail which is needed to be updated.
- Now, fill the required details of the form.
- After the form gets submitted a URN/SRN will be generated.
- Scan the original document to attach the same with the update request as a proof.
- The process is almost completed with the submission of the form, the URN/SRN number will help the applicant to check the status of the aadhaar updates.
Various updates facility provided by permanent or local aadhaar center
All of the update facility is available in the local or permanent aadhaar center. To check whether which one is near you, follow the following steps:
- Visit he official website of UIDAI.
- Then select the page MY AADHAAR which will show multiple options.
- Click on locate an enrollment center which will take you to the page, through which you can find the center. https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/ you can also visit that page through this link
- Two options are available through which you can find your nearby center i.e. state or Postal (PIN) code.
- Click on either of the options any fill required information, and there you go with the list of all the centers around you.
Once you choose the center you have to visit, take all the necessity documents with you which totally depend on the type of detail you want to get updated. Every update whether from the official website or from the center charges rupees 50.
How to verify Email Id in Aadhaar card?
Having email id connected to Aadhaar card is important. Because in case if you don’t get OTP on your mobile phone you can get on email Id. Process of verifying email is quite easy. Here’s how you can verify email id In Aadhaar card.
- First of all visit UIDAI website that is: https://uidai.gov.in/
- From Main menu hover your mouse on My Aadhaar.
- From Drop Down Menu go to Verify Email/Mobile Number. You can find this option under Aadhaar Services
- After clicking on Verify Email/Mobile Number option you’ll be redirected to a new page.
- On the new page you will see two options to verify mobile number and email id, choose email id.
- Now Enter Aadhaar Number, email Id and fill captcha.
- Click On Sent OTP. You will get an OTP if your email is linked with your Aadhaar Card.
- Enter the OTP and click Submit. Your email is verified now.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q1. Is it mandatory to link email id with Aadhaar card?
Ans. No, it is not mandatory to link email id with Aadhaar card but you should link to get updates regarding use of your Aadhaar card.
Q2. How can I check if my email id is linked with Aadhaar card or not?
Ans. You can verify if your email id is linked with Aadhaar card or not through UIDAI website under Aadhaar services.
Leave a Reply