Aadhar card has become one of the necessary document of identification for all the citizens of India.There can be any case in which you need a duplicate aadhar card. When you have lost or misplaced your Aadhar card, or when you haven’t received your Aadhar card but got a confirmation message via SMS that, your Aadhar card is processed successfully. You just don’t need to get panic, you can easily get a duplicate Aadhar card without putting any extra effort. You can download a duplicate copy of Aadhar card by both online and offline process. A duplicate copy of Aadhar card can be downloaded from the official website of the UIDAI. All you need is Enrollment ID or Aadhar number acknowledgment slip that you have got at the time of registration of the Aadhar card. The value of the duplicate Aadhar card is same as original Aadhar card.
Get a duplicate Aadhar card online :
Follow the following instructions to get a duplicate Aadhar card online –
- Visit eaadhar online portal.
- Enter your registration details.
- Enrollment number, date-time, resident name and pin code from Aadhar acknowledgment slip.
- To access e-aadhar card download click here-https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- After filling all the entries, an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the password.
- Your duplicate copy of Aadhar card will be downloaded in pdf format.
- The pdf file is protected with password for safety.
- You can now take print out of Aadhar card.
Get a duplicate Aadhar card offline :
You can alternatively get a copy of Aadhar card offline just by visiting the nearest Aadhar enrollment center or by calling the toll free number.
Follow the following steps to get a duplicate Aadhar card by toll-free number-
- Call the UIDAI’s Toll-free number-1800-180-1947 or 1947.
- Follow the IVR options and choose the option to talk to the Aadhar executive.
- Place a request for a duplicate copy of Aadhar card.
- For verification of your identity executive will ask you few questions.
- After verification, the executive will accept your request and initiate the process.
- A duplicate copy of Aadhar card will be sent to the mentioned residential address by post.
Follow the following steps to get a duplicate Aadhar card by visiting your nearest enrolment center-
- Visit the nearest Aadhar enrolment center and fill the form.
- If you know your Aadhar number or Enrolment number, you can request the registrar to issue a duplicate copy of Aadhar card.
- If not then executive will verify your biometrics and place a request for duplicate Aadhar card.
- After processing your request successfully, your Aadhar will be sent to your residential address.