Sometimes there may be some mistakes in your Aadhaar card which may have been done by the operator or you while filling up the form. Thus, if your father’s name is mention incorrectly in your Aadhar card, then we will tell you in this tutorial how to correct it.
If your father’s name is displayed wrongly in your Aadhaar card, then you must not bother, because you can change the father’s name in Aadhaar card online even without coming to the Aadhaar card office or center. In just a few simple steps you can rectify your father’s name in your Aadhaar card. Thus below we have an entire tutorial that will help you to know how to change father’s name in Aadhar card online.
Process on How to Change Father Name in Aadhar Card Online
Before we begin up with the process on how to change father name in Aadhar Card Online, scan the supporting self-attested documents and keep it prepare on your computer in acceptable formats.
- To change father name in Aadhar Card Online, from your web browser initially visit Update Aadhaar Details (Online) by visiting //ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update.
- To rectify the details you will have to log in to the portal by entering you are 12 digit Aadhar Number in entering your Aadhar Number field, solve the captcha and tap on send OTP button.
- On the next page enter the obtain OTP on your registered mobile number in entering the OTP field and tap on the login button.
- From the next page, you will have to choose the fields that you want to update, as here we want to change the father name so we will have to choose the field address and tap on the submit button.
- On the next page, you will have to fill in the details such as choose S/O or D/O and enter your father’s name rightly than fill in the below address fields.
- Once entire details are filled simply click on submit update request.
- Next, confirm the details accurately and if all details are right than confirm it and click on the change button.
- On the next page, you will be inquired to upload the scanned documents which means you will have to upload the address proof document.
- Once uploading the documents simply tap on the submit button.
- On the next page choose the BPO Provider whichever is fine for you and tap on the submit button.
- On the next screen, you will get the message shown your update request has been effectively submitted and it will also show you URN (Update Request Number) which you can use to track the status of your correction.
- The new details will get updated in your Aadhar Card Database in the next 2 to 3 weeks, and you will be also informed via SMS regarding the same.
- You will also receive your Aadhar Card Letter via a post on your postal address, but if you wish Aadhar Card with Father Name rectified before that then once you receive SMS about correction done effectively you can download your electronic version of e-Aadhar Card Online.
Update of father’s name by Post
There is an easy way to change or update your father’s name in Aadhaar card. And that way is through post. Yes, you can update your father’s name on your Adhaar card through post. Here’s how:
- At first, get a Aadhaar correction form. You can get the form from UIDAI website. Follow the link https://uidai.gov.in/images/UpdateRequestFormV5.pdf
- Fill the form with updated information. And, check it twice-thrice to make sure everything you filled in the form is correct.
- Attach the copy of proof documents with correct name of your father.
- Now go to your nearest Post Office.
- Now there are two addresses of UIDAI you can send the form to any of these addresses:
First address – UIDAI, postal box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001.
Second Address – UIDAI, Mailbox No.99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
- After publishing the form you’ll get an acknowledgement after the form is received by UIDAI and you’ll another acknowledgement once changes are accepted by UIDAI.
- Now, you can go to nearest Aadhaar Kendra and get you Aadhaar card printed.
- You can also order Aadhaar PVC card from UIDAI website.
That’s it this is the process, How to Change Father Name in Aadhar Card Online.
How to Change Father Name in Aadhar Card Online? To change father name in Aadhar Card Online, you will have to submit the form for correction to the authority. In some cases, where the applicant has been able to provide the documents of his/her own, the authority may allow the change. In some cases, however, the authority may not agree to the change and ask the applicant to apply for a new card. In order to avoid this, you should make sure that you attach all required documents with correct father’s name.