An individual’s Aadhaar serves as evidence of identity. A resident of India who applies for an Aadhaar is assigned a unique Aadhaar number. In India, the agency responsible for issuing Aadhaar is called the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). After passing the verification procedure and gathering the bare minimum of demographic and biometric data on an individual, Aadhaar is issued.
No other individual can get access to a person’s Aadhaar number. For the convenience of residents, the UIDAI has launched numerous forms of Aadhaar from time to time, such as Aadhaar Letter, mAadhaar, and eAadhaar.
UIDAI has introduced the PVC card as the newest type of Aadhar. Individuals can acquire Aadhaar reprints on polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards by submitting an application or filing a request on the UIDAI website. The type of Aadhaar that is needed by an individual is entirely up to them. All Aadhaar forms are accepted as proof of identification, with no preference given to one over the other.
Aadhaar card is an essential identification proof being issued by UIDAI. With the passage of time they have been updating this service. As they felt the requirement of new updates in this document like E-aadhaar , m-aadhaar and now the latest is aadhaar PVC card. Just like the paper aadhaar card it is also present in physical card format. The PVC (polyvinyl chloride) Card is seen everywhere like in PAN card , ATM cards etc, these are the types of cards that are in PVC form. And this feature is now available in the form of aadhaar card too.
Features of aadhaar PVC card
The card contains numerous features and its security features are given below:
- Secure QR Code
- Micro text
- Ghost image
- Issue Date & Print Date
- Guilloche Pattern
- Embossed Aadhaar Logo
Comes with a durable covering i.e. in the form of PVC card.
How to apply for Aadhaar PVC card?
The application process can be completed from the official website of UIDAI (Unique identification authority of India) with a nominal fee of rupees 50/- (include GST and post charges). The payment can be made on online basis with the following methods,
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Currently all these methods of payment is available in the website for ordering aadhaar PVC card. The process of ordering the same is :
- Visit the official website of UIDAI through the web search or by clicking on this link of the website. https://uidai.gov.in/
- After landing on the home page click on MY AADHAAR top left corner written in the blue bar.
- While` clicking on it there will be drop down menu , there will be number of option available in it – click order PVC Aadhaar option.
- After doing so there will be a page displaying enter UID number ( 12 digit ) or enrollment number ( 28 digit ), whichever is present with the applicant.
- Following with the above step enter the captcha given there.
- Now click on the box if you want have the OTP in the registered mobile number or unregistered mobile no.
- In case you tick on the box, it is necessary to enter the other mobile number which is not registered.
- An OTP you will receive on pressing the option send OTP, on the registered or unregistered mobile number according to the preference you made.
- Enter the given OTP in the required space and press the submit button.
- Now it will give you an option to verify the details of the card and ask you to proceed.
- On doing so there will be an option to make payment which is only available in the method mentioned above.
- The moment payment is successful, you can download the receipt and within a few days you will receive your post.
Benefits of having Aadhaar PVC card
There are number of reasons why an individual must go for a PVC card than having a paper like Aadhaar card.
- This form of aadhaar card is quite durable and safe, as it cannot be damaged as easily as a paper can comparatively.
- The QR code present in it is a digital form of signature of the card holder in it.
- The plus point is that it is easy to carry in pockets and wallets, due to its small size.
- As it is made of plastic (PVC card) type material, therefore it is water resistant which means safe even when sink in a bucket of water.
- It do work as that of a normal card would, so other than appearance and features it is not different from any regular Aadhaar card.
How long will you have to wait for your Aadhaar PVC card?
The UIDAI will give over the card to the post office within five working days (excluding the date of request), according to the UIDAI website, and the PVC card will be sent via Speed Post services.
Is the PVC card valid?
All kinds of Aadhaar (eAadhaar, mAadhaar, Aadhaar letter, and Aadhaar card) are equally legitimate, according to the FAQs. The resident has the option of using any of the UIDAI-issued Aadhaar forms. The “Order Aadhaar PVC Card” service, similar to the “Order Aadhaar Reprint” service, is accessible online on-demand for citizens.