In today’s India, the Aadhaar card is an essential document for each service that has been rendered in society. Everyone knows that the AADHAAR card is an essential document. The government had made it mandatory for citizens of India to hold an AADHAAR card under its name which has their bio-data. As a result of Indian government guidelines, sectors are now giving importance to the AADHAAR card.
Sectors like LPG gas connection, Train tickets, bank accounts, and other subsidies, all have the rule to link the AADHAAR card with the accounts in order to avail of the services they provide. AADHAAR card is a significant document that proves an individual’s identity without any doubt. Therefore all other sectors are giving immense importance to this document. This is a document that consists of all the information of the holder’s data not only has the name and other necessary information but also fingerprints and eye retina biometric. Not only it is proof of the beholder’s identity but it can also be used for other purposes.
So in short according to the current scenario, this is the most significant document that an Indian citizen should possess.
HDFC LIFE INSURANCE
Housing development and bank corporation bank provide plans and policies for life insurance. Looking into today’s world where people are struck with a devastating illness; it is a compulsory thing to have in order to fight in case of any such futile uncertainty. These facilities are being provided by HDFC bank to the people who want to be secure in order to health-related finances in advance.
The health life insurance policies and plans provided by HDFC require an Aadhaar card as a necessary document. This is due to the reason that the bank can trust individuals and judge them on the basis of their true identities, which is being explained by this unique 12-digit number card.
Linking of Aadhaar with HDFC Life Insurance.
All consumers were asked to link their insurance plans to their Aadhaar cards, according to the IRDAI notification. These policyholders must also finish the process of attaching their insurance to their PAN card. All policies that do not complete both of these links by the deadline will be deactivated by the competent authorities. To reactivate their insurance, users will need to complete both links. HDFC Bank has been fast to make such connections possible, both online and off.
- Before submitting your request online, make sure you have your PAN, Aadhaar number, and policy information handy.
- On your behalf, HDFC Life will link your insurance policy to your Aadhaar. To authenticate the request, it uses personal information from the UIDAI database, such as the Aadhaar number, name, and date of birth.
- Under no circumstances will the UIDAI disclose any additional information with HDFC Life.
- As part of its e-KYC requirements, HDFC Life has the power to link Aadhaar to HDFC Life insurance policies.
- It might take up to 48 hours for the link to appear on your homepage’s My Account section.
- The method links your Aadhaar number with all of the insurance you have under one client ID.
- If the verification fails, the connection of your PAN and Aadhaar will fail, and you will have to attempt again after correcting the problem.
Since the HDFC bank had made it compulsory to attach or link the aadhaar card with the account so there are some steps to do that. These steps are easy to follow and proceed with, anyone can do it without any expertise required. But before doing so one thing that has to be kept is what are documents are required to link the aadhaar with the insurance policy.
- Aadhaar card or Aadhaar number
- PAN card or PAN number
- Documents related to policy (the policy which you have taken)
- Policy number
In case you have all these required documents, you can proceed further with the process. The way to link aadhaar can be
- Offline method
- Online method
Through offline mode
The process is quite easy if you are trying offline reasons due to any reason. Need to follow some steps
- As it is an offline method so there is a need to visit the HDFC office or branch whichever is nearest to you.
- Ask for a form to link Aadhaar with the life insurance policy
- Going for offline mode- then you need to carry all the original documents and their photocopies as there will be a need to attach them
- Now fill the form with the required details in it and attach a copy of the PAN card and Aadhaar card with the form and submit it.
- The process has been completed from your side and the rest is handled by the bank itself. They will issue you a receipt to track down the process of linking.
Through Online mode
- The very first step is to visit the official website of HDFC life.
- Now fill in the required details, whatever the page is asking you to, like policy number, PAN number, etc.
- Check all the details are filled in correctly and proceed further with terms and conditions.
- Now after reading it thoroughly press the Submit button in order to complete the procedure.
- Since it is a process that requires Aadhaar, therefore, it is needed to verify by UIDAI for authentication, which again it will do it by itself.
- After verification of Aadhaar, the HDFC life insurance policy will be linked with the aadhaar .
- The minute this verification will get completed you will receive information via SMS