Aadhaar is made mandatory by UIDAI for various documentation and official works. Just like Aadhaar, there is Udyog Aadhaar or Aadhaar for business. Ministry of MSME provides a unique 12 digit Government Identification number for the small and medium enterprises to provide the maximum benefits and to help in the development of the nation. Small and medium scale industries need to register themselves with the MSME as well and it can be done by either online process or offline using Udyog Aadhaar.
How to register Udyog Aadhaar online?
There were times when to get the work done, people have to stand in long queues. Now everything demands quick action and this is done by the online process. The online process reduces paperwork and save time. The ministry of MSME to promote the ease of doing business offers a one page Udyog Aadhaar registration form. This free of the cost registration process can be used by any business-oriented person.
Step 1: Go to the official site of Udyog Aadhar for registration.
Step 2: Then you are required to enter your Individual Aadhaar number. (If you are in partnership, the person applying for Udyog Aadhaar shall give his Aadhaar number. While, in case of a company, the authorized person for signatory shall give his Aadhaar).
Step 3: After entering the Aadhaar number, you will get OTP in your registered mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card. Enter the same OTP for further process.
Step 4: Now fill the Udyog Aadhaar Form which will require you to enter:
- Aadhaar Number: 12 digit Aadhaar number issued to the applicant.
- Name of Owner: The applicant’s name.
- Validate Aadhaar: For verification of Aadhaar, click on the Validate Aadhaar button. After that only user can fill the form further.
- Reset: For different Aadhaar, click on the reset button and clear the field of Aadhaar No and Name of the owner.
- Social Category: Click on your caste General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Castes. In case of SC, ST or OBC, give proof.
- Gender: Select gender.
- Physically handicapped: If the applicant is physically handicapped, click on this option.
- Name of Enterprise: Add the name of the legal entity to conduct business.
- Type of Organization: Select the type of Business entity from Proprietorship, Partnership Firm, Hindu Undivided Family, Private Limited Company, Co-Operative, Public Limited Company Self Help Group, Others (Limited Liability Partnership).
- Date of Commencement: Enter the date on which businesses were begun.
- PAN number:- Enter PAN Number in case of Co-Operative, Private Limited, Public Limited, and Limited Liability Partnership.
- Location of plant: Add the location where the business or plant is situated.
- Previous Registration Details: If the applicant is already registered, provide the details of previous MSME registration.
- Bank Details: Provide details of the bank account of the entity.
- Major Activity: Add the major area of activity of the business whether manufacturing or service.
- NIC Code: Enter the appropriate NIC Code from the National Industrial Classification (NIC) handbook.
- A person employed: Fill the total number of people employed in the business.
- Investment in Plant & Machinery / Equipment: Amount of money invested in terms of machinery and equipment.
- DIC: Add the details of the District Industry Centre nearest to the business.
STEP 5: After filling the details, click on the submit button.
STEP 6: You will receive the OTP on the registered mobile number. Enter that OTP.
STEP 7: Then make the final submission and complete your registration.
Offline Udyog Aadhar Registration process
# If you do not have Aadhaar card and want to apply for Udyog Aadhaar, it can be made to the District Industry Centre (DIC) or MSME –DI. Submit the following documents to the DIC or MSME-DI.
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID slip or a copy of the request
- Any valid address proof
# Fill out the physical form and submit the same to DIC or MSME-DI. After successful submission, you will receive a certificate online with Udyog Aadhar number printed on it.
Benefits of Udyog Aadhar
Udyog Aadhaar registration is available for small and medium scale industries. Once registered with MSME, the business enterprise will be made eligible for all government scheme benefits. They are entitled to protection against the delay in payment, to waive the stamp duty and registration fees, to several exemptions under direct taxation. Also, the government support MSME financially. They are also entitled to the Government subsidies, 15% subsidy under the CLCSS scheme for technology up-gradation, 50% subsidy for patent registration, IPS subsidy. Udyog Aadhaar was started in order to benefit small scale industries under the make in India scheme and were motivated to make more and more outputs and this will result in incertain growth of industries in India. Udyog Aadhaar will help the small industries to expand their business and make more profit with the help of government schemes and policies.
Udyog Aadhar Memorandum
For information, the Udyog Aadhar memorandum is mainly considered to be the free one-page self-declaration registration form. Well, when it comes to forming submission, the given email ID will be received the acknowledgment of Udyog Aadhar in general. If you look at this email, you can witness that exclusive Udyog Aadhar Number. As a result, the aadhar number could file a number of UAM. One should keep it in mind that all the existing MSME which mainly comes up with the Entrepreneurship filed already.
Verification of UAM
- All you need to do is following the below process in order to verify the UAM. It is necessary for you to follow all the steps without skipping it.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of UAM.
- Now, make sure to enter the respective UAM number.
- Once the above process is over, then your registered number will get a verification code. Now, it is essential to enter the code.
- You need to enter the captcha and tap on “Verify”.