What is the PFMS Scholarship? : Scholarships are excellent aids to students who can’t continue their studies due to their poor financial status. PFMS is one such scholarship scheme that is introduced by the Government of India for the programs under the Social Sector.
PFMS is known as The Public Financial Management System, and it always keeps an eye for the fund’s distribution to the people. It is initiated by the Central Government of India to distribute the money for legitimate purposes.
- 1 What are the scholarships offered by PFMS?
- 2 How to register for PFMS Scholarship 2019-20?
- 3 What are the documents required to register for the PFMS Scholarship?
- 4 What are the eligibility criteria for the PFMS Scholarship?
- 5 How to know about the PFMS Payment Status?
- 6 Payment by Aadhar Number
- 7 Payment by the Account Number
- 8 What are the steps to renew the PFMS Scholarship 2019-20?
- 9 What are the benefits of the PFMS Scholarship?
What are the scholarships offered by PFMS?
If you are a student and want to apply for this scholarship, you have to know about the updated types of the award provided by the Public Financial Management System. There are 82000 scholarships available in which 41000 for boys and the remaining 41000 for girls.
Some of them are listed below,
- PFMS Scholarship 2019 to Universities/College students
- PFMS 2019 Post Matric Scholarship for SC Students
- PFMS Scholarship 2019 Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students
- PFMS Student Scholarship National Means cum Merit Scholarship
- PFMS Scholarship 2019 National Scheme for Incentive for the girl child for secondary education
- nic.in scholarship 2019 Top Class Education Scheme for SC
- nic.in an award for Up-graduation of Merit of SC students
- nic.in scholarship for Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC
How to register for PFMS Scholarship 2019-20?
You should register in the portal to apply for the scholarship programs provided by the PFMS. You also need to enter the required details, which should be correct according to the documents. If the given details are found to be invalid when it is cross-checked with the records, your application will be rejected for the scholarship.
The students have to apply for the scholarship only through the online mode. Before that, they have to register in the portal by following the below-mentioned steps,
- Open a new page of the browser and visit the official website of pfms.nic.in
- Select the option ‘PFMS Scholarship 2019 Student Registration’ option.
- Now click on the scheme ‘Scholarship to Universities/College Students,’ which is appearing on the registration page.
- Now you have to select the year you passed the 12th class and also the Education Board which you had studied 12th
- Then, you should enter the details on your bank account number along with the IFSC Code of the branch.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the category and hit the Search option.
- The name will be searched, and the form will be filled automatically, which is seen on the screen.
- Now, you must enter your valid mobile number to which an OTP will be sent for the verification process.
- Enter the OTP and select the Verify option.
- After entering your mail id, you will be allowed to create your User ID and password.
- Clear the captcha process and click on the submit option.
- Finally, you are registered in the PFMS portal, and now you can log in to your account by giving the user ID and password.
What are the documents required to register for the PFMS Scholarship?
The applicants have to submit certain documents while applying for PFMS scholarship as proof. The documents must be valid; otherwise, the students will be prohibited from the scholarship scheme.
- A scanned copy of the passport size photo of the candidate, which should be less than 1 MB.
- A scanned copy of the PDF format of the candidate’s mark sheet.
- A scanned copy of the candidate’s signature should not be more than 1 MB.
- A scanned copy of the fee receipt, which should be in the PDF format.
What are the eligibility criteria for the PFMS Scholarship?
The students who are applying for PFMS scholarship should fulfill the eligibility criteria provided by the Government of India. They are mentioned below,
- The applicant’s family income must be less than six lakhs.
- The age limit of the applicant should be between 18 and 25.
- The applicant should have passed at least 10th
Further, eligible criteria would be provided by the PFMS on their official website according to the type of scholarship scheme. If the applicant is found to be non-eligible for the plan, their application won’t be processed further for scholarship benefits.
How to know about the PFMS Payment Status?
Students who had applied for the may need to check their payment status often, and it can be done in two ways. The scholarship is made by e-payment under Direct Benefit Transfer based on both Aadhar or Non-Aadhar based bank accounts via NPCI.
Payment by Aadhar Number
- Give the Aadhar number in the required box
- You should enter the Aadhar number again in the field below to confirm it.
- Then you should clear the word verification process.
- Some of the letters which are non-case sensitive will be given in a box, and you should enter it.
- Now, you can click the Search option and can view the PFMS payment status.
Payment by the Account Number
- First, you have to select the bank name. Once you enter the first few letters, the bank name will appear below.
- Then, you have to enter the account number and then enter the account number again for the confirmation process.
- Now, you have to clear the word verification in which you need to enter the non-case sensitive letters in the required field.
- Hit on the ‘Search’ option to view the payment details and the status of the scholarship.
What are the steps to renew the PFMS Scholarship 2019-20?
- If you are already registered for the scholarship, visit the official website of PFMS.
- Select the ‘PFMS Scholarship 2019 Student Registration’ and click on the scheme you need to renew.
- Now select the year you had passed 12th class along with the education board.
- Then, you need to enter the IFSC code and bank account number. Hit Search option.
- The system will automatically fill the form. Enter your mobile number to receive the OTP for verification.
- After entering the OTP, you will be given access to provide email id to create your ID and password.
- Finally, click the submit option, and the application for renewal will be presented.
What are the benefits of the PFMS Scholarship?
Here are the various benefits of PFMS Scholarship listed below,
- The portal is useful for the students to get their scholarship amount directly without involving any third party.
- The portal also provides the facility to provide support to the students while filling the form for the scholarship.
- While processing their applications, the gateway would always send the status or information regarding their application via SMS or email to the students.
- It is also very beneficial in renewing the scholarship with the ID, which is registered and used before.
- The portal is also designed with the helpline for the students who can get a quick solution to their queries.
- The students do not need to do any paperwork to apply to this scholarship, and so it is a time-saving process. It takes 10 minutes to complete this application process.
- PFMS Portal would manage the different steps like submission, verification, application processing, sanction, and providing the scholarship to the student in an automatic manner.
PFMS is an outstanding plan for the students who would need to continue their studies despite their poverty. If you had proved your best performance in academic studies, you could move towards your goal without worrying about the financial problems.