Till now we and you were able to book a maximum of 6 online tickets in a month from your IRCTC account. But Indian Railways has increased the monthly limit for online ticket booking from 6 to 12. To do this, you have to connect your IRCTC account with Aadhaar Card. How can IRCTC Account be linked to Aadhar Card? Let’s know.
Steps to link IRCTC to Aadhaar:
- First of all, visit the IRCTC website. Then log in with your ID. Then go to the MyProfile tab.
- Select Aadhaar KYC here.
- After this, you will be asked your Aadhaar number on the next page.
- Now the one-time password will come on the mobile number you have registered with Aadhaar Card. This OTP will be used for verification. At the bottom of the page, you will see some details of your Aadhaar card. After this, click on the verification shown below.
- The message will come after this … “The KYC detail has been successfully updated.
- But it is not enough to book more than 6 tickets in a month.
Railways say that a passenger must also be verified from a profile basis to book tickets. Your master list will work here.
- The master list is also available in the My Profile tab. Here, you have to update the master list by giving the name of the passenger and the details of the Aadhaar card.
- If a passenger’s name is already in the master list, then edit his profile and enter the Aadhaar number in the ID.
- Explain that the master list has to be updated before booking the tickets online. Only then will you be able to book more than 6 tickets.
Now you will be able to book more than 6 tickets from the IRCTC website in this way every month.
This is the entire process to link Aadhaar with IRCTC Account Online.