Aadhar Card Enrolment centres are the spots that are entrusted with the responsibility to enrol the people for their Aadhar Cards by accumulating their biometric data and demographic data, which in accordance with the UIDAI enrolment process. Aadhar Card enrolment centres work by enrolment agencies which are engaged with the registrars. These institutions are panelled with the UIDAI, uninterrupted. Even if the agencies that are not panelled with the UIDAI, they still have to follow the same terms and conditions.
The main aim of these enrolment centres is to enrol new applicants for the Aadhar card, along with providing assistance to its holders to update their already existing Aadhar card details. Also, these centres undergo all the tasks for free for the first time, without charging a single penny from the residents. Still, there is a basic fee that is charged from the applicants on a few tasks, according to the guidelines set by the UIDAI.
Find Aadhar Card Enrolment Centre Near you
Only because of the guidelines created by UIDAI, it has become a very easy and quick task for all the Indian residents to avail their Aadhar Cards. For this, a nearby Aadhar enrolment centre is to be found and visited in the city. To find Aadhar card enrolment centre, here are a few steps to be followed, that will make the work of the users easy.
Steps to find Aadhar Card Enrolment Centre
STEP 1: The first step is to visit the website of UIDAI.
STEP 2: There you will find an option “Locate Enrolment & Update Centres in Other Cities”. Click on that.
STEP 3: Then select the State/Pin Code/Search box option.
STEP 4: Now fill in all your details related to your residence, like District, Village, Town, etc.
STEP 5: If you are only interested in the search for the permanent Aadhar enrolment centres, then select the checkbox option.
STEP 6: The next step is to enter the verification code and then search!
STEP 7: This will display all the relevant Aadhar Card enrolment centres.
In fact, UIDAI also allows booking online appointments also for the UID enrolment.
Also, UIDAI has given the entire list of all the active and perpetual enrolment centres in the tier 1 cities. The residents can easily make access to this list just by visiting the website of UIDAI (https://uidai.gov.in/). Once you visit the site, click on “Enrolment and Update Centres in Major Cities”. You will find this option under the section “Aadhar Enrolment”.
Here the users will get a list where all the active and permanent Aadhar Enrolment Centres are mentioned, along with the name of the registrar, agency, centre’s address, and also the name and contact number of the person to whom the user will have to contact. Thus, the Government has made the work for the users this easy and simple, where only one click is required!
Here are ways to locate enrolment centres
- Locating Aadhar card enrolment centres on the basis of states. In this method, the user needs to select the state, district, and sub-district, locality, village, town/city. Later, the user will have to enter the verification code and search! You will get the results.
- The search can also be made on the basis of the Pin Code. Once the user enters the pin code of the locality along with the verification code on the screen. This way the results are displayed on the screen with every data related to the enrolment data.
- Even if the user is unsure about his/her exact address or PIN code, he/she can make use of the box feature to still search for an enrolment centre. How? The user can enter the name of his locality, district, city and any such related detail that he/she remembers. The next step will be to enter the correct verification code and then submit the details. This way the results will be displayed.
Some tasks at the enrolment centres
There are several activities that take place these centres for the enrolment of the Aadhar card. Some of those are mentioned below:
- Fresh enrolment of the Aadhar card.
- Help the cardholder request for a duplicate Aadhar card in case his original one has been lost or likewise.
- Updating of the residential address in case the previous one has been changed due to relocation.
- Linkage of the mobile number with the Aadhar card.
Thus, for any of the above activities, the individual has to carry some of his documents to get the work done.
Q: What do you need to apply for Aadhar card?
A: For Aadhar card enrolment, there are following three major documents that you need to apply-
- Birth proof – passport, PAN card, birth certificate, etc.
- Address proof – eg., passport, passbook, ration card, etc.
- Identity proof – eg., voter ID, driving licence, etc.
Aadhar pin code search.
The Aadhar card portal for the PIN code has almost all the PIN codes of almost every locality. But however, it might be possible that due to some reason your locality’s PIN code must be missing. But not to worry in such a case. Simply contact the nearest Aadhar card enrolment centre that will further generate a request or query for the addition of the missing PIN code in the Aadhar card PIN code portal.