PAN Card-Aadhaar Card Linking: Is your PAN card link to Aadhaar? Do you know that you can check the status of your PAN-Aadhaar link? With the time limit for linking both Aadhaar number and PAN, one should check the status of whether their PAN or Aadhaar is linked. Checking the PAN-Aadhaar link status is extremely easy and can be done in two-three steps. We have mentioned out the entire process for checking whether you PAN and Aadhaar number are linked or not.
Steps to check PAN-Aadhaar link status:
- User require to go to the official Income Tax website that is https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Once you open this, an alternative “Link Aadhaar” will emerge on the left side of the Home page.
- Upon clicking the alternative, a page to link both PAN and Aadhaar will emerge. It also has an alternative to examine the current status.
- Choosing the alternative of current status will take you to a different page where one has to fill in the details of PAN and Aadhar.
- Subsequently, a notification will emerge that will notify you about the status of linking.
It is to be note that the government has made it mandatory to add PAN and Aadhaar card by 31 March 2020. According to the notification, if a person fails to connect these two, his PAN will become inactive.
If you still haven’t linked, you can just go to the website mentioned above and fill in the details to link. Another step to connect PAN and Aadhaar is by sending a message to 567678 or 56161. Sending a message, make sure you send it in this format- UIDPAN12digit Aadhaar> 10digitPAN>.
Further, if one fails to link Aadhaar and PAN, the user may also have to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 as when it is idle, it will be presumed that it is not equipped or not cited. Therefore it will not follow the laws and a person can be liable to pay the amount under Section 272B of the Income Tax Act.