The term linking PAN card to Aadhaar Card is extended to June 30, 2020, from 31st March 2020. If you do not link both these documents till this date, you may get in trouble because according to the income tax department, if you do not link PAN to Aadhaar by this time period, then your Permanent Account Number i.e. PAN Card will become inactive. After this, you can be fined up to Rs 10,000 for providing the PAN number for any essential transaction. However, by linking these two documents, you can prevent fines and other problems.
Let’s know what is the process of PAN Card-Aadhaar Card Linking:
1. First of all, you have to log on to the filing portal of Income Tax.
2. On the left side of the website, you will see the option of ‘Link Aadhaar’.
3. You have to click on this link.
4. After this, a new tab will open in front of you. In this, you have to enter the PAN number, Aadhaar number, and the name entered in the Aadhaar card.
5. Subsequently, by linking the terms and conditions and filling the captcha code, you can link these two documents.
After this, you will get confirmation and if both your documents are already linked then you will also get information about it. It is worth noting that you do not even need to login to this portal. All you need is a 12 digit Aadhaar number and PAN card details. Apart from this, you can also link both these documents through SMS.
Process of Aadhaar Card PAN Card Linking via SMS:
You can link PAN to Aadhaar by SMS. For this, you need to go to your right message box and type UIDPAN <12-digit Aadhaar> <10-digit PAN> and send it to 567678 or 56161.