How to check if your Aadhaar was misused
According to the active regulations, your Aadhaar card plays an important role. To secure your Aadhaar it you can directly link it to your bank account, your personal mobile number, as well as to the host of other services as well. The thing is, you can easily lose track of usage of your Aadhaar, but now no worries you can easily keep the record of the usage to know how, just check up on it.
Here we are mentioning steps for you which can help tracking your card usage history details:
- Log on to official website of the UIDAI – uidai.gov.in
- Click the Aadhaar services tab and select the “Aadhaar Authentication History.”
- Then you will be redirected to a new page. Then enter your unique Aadhar number here.
- Now click on generate OTP when you fill the security code given in the box.
- It will again redirect you to a new page.now choose the type of authentication you want to check here from the list of options.
The available options will be bio metrics, demographics, OTP, demographic & biometric, biometric & OTP and demographic & OTP options. If you want to check out every entry made through your Aadhaar, select the option ‘All.’
- UIDAI can provide the history of usage of last seven months. You have to enter the date range of which you want to retrieve the history.
- Enter the generated OTP and select ‘Submit.’
You will now see search results followed by the date, time and type of Aadhaar authentication used. But the important point is that the page will not show you the details of personnel or body who made the requests.
If the history and the details show something suspicious or dubious, you should lock and unlock your Aadhaar information online, whenever you want to use it.
In the case of any big or dangerous issue, you can report the matter to UIDAI by calling the toll-free number 1947 and sending an email to email@example.com