You can also download your UAN number and PPO number through your Aadhaar Card.
Let us tell you that it has been announced by EPFO through its Twitter account that you can now get your pension payment order PPO and Universal account number UAN through the government’s e-locker service i.e. DigiLocker
For salaried employees, the Universal Account Number (UAN) is an important document that helps them track various Employee Provident Fund (EPF) accounts opened by their employers. Similarly, the pension payment order (PPO) number is an important document for pensioners or individuals who are on the verge of retirement. This is because PPO number is a unique 12 digit number which helps in getting their pension. Also, while presenting a life certificate every year, it is important that this PPO number is also shown, which is why it becomes even more important.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) announced on Tuesday morning that PPO and UAN numbers are now available on the government’s e-locker service DigiLocker. According to an EPFO tweet, ‘Now PPO and UAN cards are available on DigiLocker. This enables a large number of pensioners and PF members to download their documents and receive their benefits on time. ‘
What is this DIGILOCKER?
DigiLocker is an initiative of the Government of India that provides storage space to upload or access important documents anytime, anywhere. According to the DigiLocker website, your DigiLocker account is able to show you digital documents or certificates issue by various government departments. In addition, you can upload documents that you want to save digitally.
If this is your first time using your DigiLocker account, you will need to create an account on their website. According to the DigiLocker website, to sign up for a DigiLocker account, all you need is your mobile number or Aadhaar number. You can avail additional services by providing your Aadhaar number. Here you also have to take care of one thing that you will need your Aadhaar card for PPO and UAN numbers. You can also say that for this your Aadhaar Card is necessary or mandatory.
How to sign-up on the DIGILOCKER website?
- For this, you must first go to https://digilocker.gov.in/
- After knowing here you have to click on the sign-up option
- Now you are going to see a new page on your screen
- Here on this page, you have to enter your mobile number or Aadhaar Number
- After this, an OTP is about to be sent to its mobile number, or keep that this OTP is going to be valid only for 10 minutes.
- However, if you are entering your Aadhaar Number, then you also have to keep in mind that your mobile number should be link to your Aadhaar card, only then you will receive OTP
- Now here OTP has been inquired to enter, enter this OTP there
- After this, you have to enter your name, date of birth, gender and email id
- Your name, date of birth and gender should match the data in your Aadhaar, it can also be told that it must also be in Aadhaar
- Now finally click on submit, now if you have signed up here with your mobile number, then your Aadhaar card number is also going to be asked from you here.
- Although you can skip this step for now, but later you have to enter your Aadhaar card number here
- Now here you also have to enter a 6 digit security PIN, this PIN is going to work as a password while logging in.
- Now how do you set this security pin, you are automatically log into your account.
How to access UAN and PPO NUMBER via DIGILOCKER
- For this, you have to go to https://digilocker.gov.in/
- Now here you have to log in to your account
- Here you will be asked to enter your mobile number / Aadhaar number or user name.
- Now an OTP is send to your mobile number, which is valid for only 10 minutes. Now enter the OTP
- After this, you have to enter the 6 digit PIN number you have set as your password here, then click on submit.
- Now that you are log into this account, then you have to click on the issue documents
- Then a new page is going to open here, you have to click on your get more issue documents here
- Now under the Central Government tab, you have to click on Employee Provident Fund Organization.
- Now a new page is going to open once again. Here you have to click on UAN
- Here you have to enter your UAN number, and you have to click on the gate document
- Now here you are going to get a PDF form of UAN card, which you can download very easily.
- Send feedback