Aadhaar card is an authentic document based on biometric details of the person but it sometimes requires updation to change the name, gender, father/husband’s name, address, mobile number or surname. But many Aadhaar card holders do not to know the process of updating biometric data and hence remain deprived of many of the beneficial services and schemes directly linked with Aadhaar.
Aadhaar is mandatory required to be linked with almost all kinds of public services and schemes. Its data happens to be stored in CIDR (Classless Inter Domain Routing). Any kind of mismatch of personal details of individual with the data stored in CIDR often becomes an impediment which can be removed with timely updation of Aadhaar card by feeding current details of the person concerned. There are many services and schemes directly linked with Aadhaar, such as mobile numbers, health-services, bank accounts, PDS / Ration Card, driving license, pension, LPG connection, employment, scholarship, education, insurance schemes, taxation, etc.
Aadhaar is increasingly taking all the services into its ambit, leaving no any chance of fraudulence practiced earlier in the country. So you must know the procedure of updating your Aadhaar card with name, address and mobile number, if required. Although not necessary you can change photo in aadhar card as well, if not satisfied with it. You must be anxious of knowing how to change photo in Aadhar card as it can be changed only on visiting the local Enrollment centre.
What Warrants Individuals for Aadhaar Card Updation?
There may be several reasons prompting Aadhaar card holders to update their Aadhaar card such as transfer/migration, marriage, death or compulsive situation. Be whatsoever the issue or situation it may, you can update your Aadhaar card with your changed name/surname, new address, new mobile number and latest photo. Typing mistake on a part of enrollment executive in feeding name, gender, date of birth, address, father/husband’s name or mobile number incorrectly also needs Aadhaar card correction which often is left unaccomplished by maximum numbers of Aadhaar card holders which becomes in the time to come an obstacle in services.
The 5 year old children enrolled with Aadhaar also are required to be re-enrolled after 15 years of age. One of the major reasons of re-enrollment of kids after 10 years is remarkable change occurring in their palm/fingers, eyes and face. This is why UIDAI recommends all the Aadhaar card holders to re-enroll themselves with Aadhaar after every ten years of period.
Last but not the least is the poorly stored biometric data which doesn’t reveal individual’s personal information, requiring as a result Aadhaar updation.
Procedure of Updating Aadhaar Card
Aadhaar can be updated by following ways :
- Courier : Filling Updation form and sending it through courier to the UIDAI HQ enclosing the substantiating documents such as ID proof, address proof, DOB certificate/school mark sheet, pass-book, etc is the easiest way of updating Aadhaar Card offline. Make sure that you send all the related documents for what you want to be changed in your current Aadhaar card.
- Aadhaar Enrollment Center : The visit at Aadhaar enrollment centre will help you change photo in Aadhar card. Many Aadhaar card bearers, dissatisfied of their Aadhaar photo, want to change the image but drop the idea as they do not know how to change photo in Aadhar card online. But the Aadhaar enrollment centre provides a platform to bring all the desired changes simultaneously. 60 to 90 days are required in updation of Aadhaar Card with personal details (father/husband’s name, gender, DOB) including newly registered mobile number, Email and address being fed in the biometric data.
- Aadhaar Updation with Self Service : Just visit the official website of UIDAI and select the option ‘Aadhaar Updates’. But you should have in your possession your mobile number registered with Aadhaar card. In case you have lost it, it’d better you firstly register your new mobile number by visiting the enrollment centre through your biometric data of yours.
Can I Change Photo in Aadhar Card?
Yes, you can change your photo in Aadhaar card but not by self service (SS) or courier/post. You will have to visit local Aadhaar enrollment centre to update your Aadhaar account with webcam-clicked photo. Actually the photo is clicked online and saved immediately in biometric data of person stored with UIDAI. UIDAI’s authorized web camera captures image of person saves it as biometric data. So if you want to get your Aadhaar card updated with a beautiful photo of yours then visit any of the local enrollment centers with your Aadhaar card (Aadhaar number) and get your current photo replaced with the newly clicked one of yours. Let it be made clear that photo can’t be changed in Aadhaar card through self service or offline (courier) but at enrollment centre only.
Essential points to keep it in mind for Aadhar card update
- Before getting into the process of aadhar card update, there is no document required when it comes to changing the photo at any time.
- The thing you need to keep it in mind is where you do not require any photography submission at any time. Yes, you can expect that the executive will click the photographs on the sport with the support of webcam.
- Well, it will take around 90 days in order to get the respective details which are getting updated in Aadhar card.
- Also, you can check out the Aadhar update status online with the support of URN mainly offered over the acknowledgement slip. While handling the Self Service Update Portal, you should not expect the online process in order to change the photo in Aadhar card.
Well, these are some of the essential points where you need to keep it in mind.
Comment below If you have any queries in changing photo in aadhar card