This is the UIDAI or the unique identification authority of India has set an exclusive way to enroll for aadhaar. These are the exclusive “aadhaar seva Kendra” which stands as one stop solution for the aadhaar services for residents. This service is exclusive with every single updates available for residents in the country. In the first phase, the government has planned to set up around 114 aadhaar seva Kendra across 53 cities in India. These include dedicated centers in all metro cities and all the state capitals and union territories.
The aadhaar service available at aadhaar seva Kendra
The aadhaar seva Kendra (ASK) is offering a comfortable air-conditioned environment to all residents across the country. These centers are friendly for old aged people as well as handicapped people. The ASK is opened for all the 7 days of the week from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm.
The aadhaar seva Kendra is offering with following services
- The aadhaar enrolment
- Updates on any of the demographic information in the aadhaar. These contains name, address, gender, date of birth, mobile number and email i.d.
- Update of biometric data in their aadhaar which contains photo, fingerprints and Iris Scans.
- Download and then print aadhaar.
These services are available for any of the residents of India including NRI’s at any of the aadhaar seva Kendra across the country.
Online appointment of aadhaar services
Other than the aadhaar seva Kendra project, the UIDAI has launched the online appointment booking facility for the residents of the country. These aadhaar seva Kendra’s follow the online appointment system. Here the residents of the country can book appointment for aadhaar enrolment or can even update at any of the convenient ASK. The residents can book for an appointment for self or any family members from https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointmnt.aspx. The service is free of cost where the residents don’t require any of the aadhaar registered mobile number. As per rule, a single resident can book a maximum of 4 appointments in a month. Other than that, the aadhaar Kendra’s are available in banks, post offices and other government offices, other than that, the BSNL centers also are providing with online appointment system.
Steps for aadhaar enrolment at aadhaar service at ASK
Here follows steps for aadhaar enrolment at aadhaar service centers.
- Book an appointment online or can walk into the center.
- Contact the help desk or can show the appointment slip.
- Move to the token desk and update or enroll at the operation desk.
- Make payment at the cash counter.
- Move to the verifier for verification.
The UIDA bears defined charges to be paid by the residents who wish to avail the services at the centers. These are like
- The aadhaar enrolment and mandatory biometric update for kids are free of cost.
- Fifty rupees for any demographic or biometric updates by residents.
- Thirty rupees for downloading aadhaar or colored print.
The above charges are inclusive of any of the applicable taxes. The residents can make the payments at cash counter that is available at the ASK or can also make online payment at the time of online booking.