DOB correction in Aadhaar Card
Aadhar card is a card which is a identity proof of citizen of India, this is regulated by a government agency UIDAI. It contains a 12 digit unique number for the issuers. Aadhar card is only available for Indian residents. This venture is carried out by the organization which goes with name of Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) in India. Apart from the 12 digit unique number; Aadhar Card carries the Card holder’s bio metric and demographic information. Aadhaar card is becoming a very important part of our lives these days. But just like other governmental documents, even an Aadhaar card may have some issues such as a wrong information being added to it like your date of birth or your age. People out there don’t have to worry for it. This article clearly talks about the methods to follow when your date of birth needs a change in your Aadhaar card:-
Ways to correct DOB on Aadhaar card
- Online Method
This Self-Service method enables the Aadhaar holders to update their address where direct update request can be placed on the portal. The necessary information required here is to have your Aadhaar number and registered mobile number of the holder for logging in to the portal. Registered mobile number is necessary for OTP purposes. To complete the procedure, uploading of supportive documents is required that will be verified by the UIDAI’s interface.
Following steps are involved:-
- Login to the SSUP portal using your Aadhaar card and the OTP number sent on your registered mobile number.
- Next you will be directed to the consequent web page. Here, select the fields to be updated. In this case, the date of birth is updated.
- Next, fill the required data in the selected fields of concern.
- Once you have gone through the entered information, submit the concerned form that would lead to the generation of URN.
- Next, select the BPO for the reviewing of the updates done.
- The next web page asks you to attach the original scan of the supportive documents. Do that simultaneously.
- Lastly, using the URN generated, you can check your Aadhaar status.
2. Offline Method
This is the offline mode for updating the corrections in your Aadhaar card. This a mode wherein the holder places the request for updating demographic as well as bio metric details through the help of an operator. This operator is available at a Permanent Enrolment Centre. Here in this case, the supportive documents are collected by the same operator at the time when updating request is made. These are modes where residents place the demographic/bio metric update request with the help of an operator at a Permanent Enrolment Centre. In such a case, the documentary evidence is collected by the operator at the time of accepting the request. Document verification also takes place at the same time. To complete the above procedure, following steps are to be followed by the Aadhaar card holder:-
- First of all, the citizen is asked to fill the application same as the one available online. Herein, you can write about the changes to be made in your Aadhaar card.
- Once the form is filled, the manual verification of the supportive documents are done.
- Only after the verification of documents are done, data is entered into the client’s software by the operator.
- After that, the authentication of bio metric details are done by citizens.
- The bio metric details are authenticated by the operator and supervisor’s confirmation.
- After the formalities are done, the same supervisor or operator gives you a receipt of acknowledgement that you need to keep safely for future purposes.
The DOB wil be changed within 10 to 15 days and will be reflected on your online aadhaar account when you login in the UIDAI websites and from where you can easily make a pdf or print out of the aadhaar with your updated DOB and use it to update your DOB where ever you have used your aadhaar for verification purpose and to check the status of your DOB change request as wheather it is done or not you mus login into aadhaar websites with your UID or enrolement number and if they have not changed your DOB withinn expected period of time than you should complain about it in the UIDAI office .