HOW TO LINK AADHAAR TO PM KISAN SAMMAN NIDHI SCHEME: Pradhan Mantri Kisan is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme funded entirely by the Government of India. It became active on December 1, 2018. Under the scheme, all land-owning farmer households would receive income assistance of 6,000/- annually in three equal installments. The state government and the UT administration will select farmer families eligible for assistance under the plan parameters. The funds will be deposited immediately to the beneficiary’s bank accounts. The plan has several Exclusion Categories.
The government has set aside Rs 60,000 crore for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman in the budget year 2023-24, the lowest allocation in the past five years. In reality, the PM-Kisan allocation is 13.33% lower than the budgetary estimates (BE) of Rs 68,000 crore for the budget year 2022-23. The PM-Kisan allocation was lowered to Rs 60,000 crore in the revised estimates (RE) for 2022-23. The PM-Kisan cost Rs 66,825 crore in actual spending in 2021-22.
The PM-Kisan plan is the largest project of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare. With the reduction in the PM-Kisan budget, the Agriculture Ministry’s overall budget has decreased from Rs 1,32,513.62 crore in 2022-23 to Rs 1,25,035.79 crore in 2023-24.
Key Features of PM Kisan Samman
Several of the scheme’s important aspects are addressed in the following pointers:
- Income Assistance
This Yojana’s main feature is the minimum income assistance it gives to farmers. Each qualifying farmer household in India is entitled to Rs.6000 per year. However, the funds are distributed only at a time. It is instead split into three equal installment payments and distributed four months apart. As a result, each farmer earns Rs.2000 every four months.
PMKSY is a farmer assistance program provided by the Indian government. As a result, the Indian government provides the majority of its financing. It originally announced a buffer of Rs.75000 crores yearly for this endeavor. It sent Rs. 17,000 crores to the scheme’s participants’ bank accounts via Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) on August 9, 2020.
- Identifying Responsibility
While the GOI is responsible for financing, it is not responsible for identifying recipients. It is instead the duty of the governments of the states and union territories. These governments must determine which farming families will profit from the program. It is important to note that, according to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana definition, a farmer’s family consists of a husband, wife, and a minor kid or children.
Eligibility for PMKVY
One of the most important aspects of this government program is its qualifying requirements. This yojana is available to farm households that meet the following criteria:
- PMKSY is available to small and marginal farmers.
- This plan’s advantages are available to farmer families that own cultivable land.
- An Indian citizen should be a beneficiary.
Farmers can apply for the Pradhanmantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana from both rural and urban areas. However, its criteria also exclude some groups of people from its list of beneficiaries.
Individuals interested in becoming beneficiaries of this plan must provide the following documents:
- Aadhaar Card as Evidence of Citizenship
- Documents proving land ownership Bank account information
- If enrolling online, individuals must supply scanned versions of such papers.
Registration on PM Kisan
Individuals who meet the eligibility requirements for this program can register as a beneficiary in the following ways:
- Every state government is responsible for appointing PMKSY nodal officials. Consumers may contact them to enroll in this program.
- Qualified farmers can also register with regional patwaris or revenue authorities.
- There is also conceivable to enroll in this plan by paying a fee through the Common Service Centers (CSCs).
Apart from this, individuals can enroll in the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana online via its dedicated webpage. To start with, firstly one has to go to PMKSNY’s official website and select “New Farmer Registration” from the Farmer’s Corner area. Farmers who self-register and enroll through a CSC can monitor their PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana status by going to Farmer’s Corner and clicking on the “Status of Self-registered/CSC farmers” option.
Only Indian nationals are eligible for Aadhaar, also known as the Unique Identification Number (UID). Everyone, irrespective of age, caste, or gender, can receive an Aadhaar Card after successful authentication the required papers. Following its adoption, Aadhaar became necessary for linking various services, including ration cards, PAN cards, bank accounts, LPG subsidies, etc.
Government’s take on Aadhaar
Aadhaar is required to receive benefits under the plan.
- However, if the beneficiaries do not currently have an Aadhar or Aadhar Enrollment number, substitute prescribed papers can be acquired for identity verification and benefit transfer to farmer households for the first payment in 2018-19.
- Because subsequent payments would be sent exclusively based on the Aadhaar-seeded database, all such recipients who do not have an Aadhaar card will be required to enroll in Aadhaar.
- States/UTs must guarantee that the money transferred to eligible households is not duplicated. If the beneficiary’s bank information needs to be corrected or partial, rapid reconciliation is required.
Link Aadhaar to PMKSY
By following the steps indicated below, you may link your Aadhar card to the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme:
Step 1: Go to the bank branch where your PM Kisan Samman Nidhi account is.
Step 2: Show a duplicate of your Aadhaar card and other documentation to the bank officer.
Step 3: The official will complete the PM Kisan Aadhaar bank account linkage procedure.
Step 4: Your data is currently being verified. After completing the verification, you will receive a message on your mobile phone.
Link Aadhaar to a bank account
Step 1: Sign in to online banking for the bank account to which you want to attach your Aadhaar card.
Step 2: Next, search for ‘Aadhar card seeding,’ ‘Add Aadhar card,’ or a similar option.
Step 3: Continue by entering your Aadhar data carefully and double-checking them before hitting the submit button.
Step 4: After successfully verifying the information supplied, connecting a bank account with Aadhar will be done.
Status check of Aadhaar
According to the rules and restrictions of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, connecting the Aadhaar card number with the yojana is required to have the installment amount transferred straight to the bank account. To check the status for confirmation, follow the procedures listed below:
Step 1: Go to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana’s official website.
Step 2: Continue your journey to the farmer’s section
Step 3: Select the link to change failed Aadhaar records.
Step 4: Use the aadhaar number, bank account, cell phone number, or farmer’s name to find your information.
Step 5: The Account dashboard will be shown. You can check this webpage to see if your UID card has been connected.
Update Aadhaar Number
The credit installment would be instantly deposited to the farmer’s bank account, which is connected to the Aadhaar card under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. As a result, it is critical to link or update valid and up-to-date Aadhaar card information. If the applicant’s bank account is not connected to an Aadhaar card, they would be ineligible for the benefits of the central government’s plan. One can update the information on the bank’s website online or submit it to the appropriate bank official. Farmers can update or change their Aadhaar card number in the following ways:
- Firstly go to PM Kisan Samman Nidhi’s official website.
- Continue your journey to the farmer’s section.
- Now choose the option to amend Aadhaar failed records.
- Search for information by cell phone number, Aadhaar number, bank account number, or farmer’s name.
- The account dashboard will now appear.
- The user may now precisely change or update the Aadhar details and submit them.
Advantages of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojna
- This plan was established to give minimal economic assistance to the farming community, which is forced to suffer the unforeseeable effects of natural disasters like unseasonal rainfall, floods, drought, natural calamities, and so on.
- All qualifying farmers would be entitled to a direct benefit transfer (DBT) of Rs 2,000 per quarter and Rs 6,000 per year.
- Thus far, nearly 5.5 lakh illegitimate beneficiaries have been discovered in Tamil Nadu state, resulting in a loss to the exchequer of over Rs 110 crore.
- The suspected fraudster obtained publicly available Aadhaar card information to register for the PM Kisan Yojana.