Aadhar is the strong proof of personal identification and residential proof in India requiring no any additional
verification of the individual. Based on biometrical details the Aadhaar is confirmed with the images of fingers and
eyes. The UIDIA has recently added face also as a new feature of Aadhaar verification for those who due to circumstantial or any physical condition loss their fingers impression. Their Aadhaar is verified in such condition by
scanning their face. Image of the face is promptly scanned and identified as a biometric data of respective individual
without further verification of his/her mobile number.
Such facility is available only at the enrollment centers. Other service providers verify Aadhaar card through the
mobile number of the person which is verified through on time password (OTP). In other words the Aadhar number
verification is the common but effective criteria of authenticating the identity of person for delivering the benefits of welfare schemes and other services. Aadhaar indispensably has become so mandatory that even all the mobile numbers are now required to be linked up with Aadhaar. Be it the bank account, LPG connection, ration- card, driving license or the Passport they all should be linked up with Aadhaar. Confirmation and information of it is sent directly to the mobile number registered with Aadhaar.
Aadhar Number Verification
But what if you’ve unfortunately lost your currently registered mobile number which can’t be retrieved? In
such situation you will have to use another mobile number and register it with the Aadhaar. If you’ve registered your
mobile number with the Aadhaar but want to confirm or verify it on your own then you must go through the Aadhar
number verification procedure. We are furnishing here the simple but effective way of verifying the Aadhar number.
How to Verify Aadhaar Number?
- Login the UIDAI’s official web portal https://uidai.gov.in/ for the Aadhar number verification
- Click at ‘Verify Aadhaar Number’.
- You can access respective page directly also through https://resident.uidai.gov.in/aadhaarverification link
- Enter Aadhar number in ‘Aadhaar Number’ box.
- Enter the security code in box
- Click to verify ……
- You will receive the OTP (one time password)…
- On reaching next page enter the OTP and click to verify
- The Aadhar number verification would now be confirmed with a message, “congratulations”…revealing Aadhar number verification.
You can also see How to update Aadhar card if mobile number is lost.